Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Done With Politics

Think I've been obsessed by politics and the economy lately? Me, too, so I took a few days to relax and collect my thoughts. With Chicago losing the 2012 Olympic games to Rio, it was a good time to be out of town. Do you like this view from my hotel room? As one TV wag said when I heard that Rio had beat out Chicago for the 2012 Olympic games, "When you think of Brazil, you think of bronzed people at the beach; when you think of Chicago, you think of fat people eating."

I don't think that comment was very kind, but while I was away I did decide that the average meal you could get just walking around in Chicago as a tourist, makes Chicago a world-class city, no matter what the International Olympic Committee has to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch