Thursday, September 21, 2006

Wilmette's View on the World

For some time now I've been looking for some new sources of news and world view. Having found two, I've added them to the Blogroll (it's on the right, but you will have to scroll down).

The first, Linkrama, is a collection of links from a blogger, Kinshasa on the Potomac who obviously does a great deal of research on global politics and affairs of state. Take a look, there is an amazing number of links that you might find incredibly interesting.

The second, Edit Copy, is theoretically a CollaBlog written by a number of people, although only one of the members seems to be posting. Nevertheless, there are a number of original, thoughtful pieces on the situation on the Middle East as well as other current issues. Based on its writing (not the snappy quick-read style of Wilmette), I suspect that the blog may be written by someone with some history as a government bureaucrat or former military member (or based on the political viewpoints there, someone who served under a Democrat administration). While it lacks the conservative focus which I always appreciate, the posts are insightful and worthy of your time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

Thank you very much. Please come by and comment as often as you can.

I think I am drifting right, by the way. I have no military/government experience (at this point), but I am acquainted with some that have both.

Sep 21, 2006, 1:55:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

You may have no military/government experience, but you are thoughtful and well informed. I like your blog, though we may not agree politically. I think most (but not all) good Americans become more conservative as we progress through life, whether we express that as Republicans or Democrats. Because you are willing to look at many viewpoints quite objectively, your thoughts are very valuable in the marketplace of ideas.

Sep 21, 2006, 2:09:00 PM  
Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

Thank you. Feel free to bark at me if I go to left-wing.

Sep 21, 2006, 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Hey, a blogger in the political middle would be like a jewel in the sand! We'll save you if we can!

Sep 21, 2006, 5:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch