Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Illinois Executive Mansion Open House on February 12, 2009

Pictured above is the Illinois Governor's Mansion in Springfield. It has been the official residence of Illinois' governors since 1855. When new Governor Pat Quinn held his first press conference, not even two weeks ago, he mentioned that he was going to try to arrange an open house for the people of Illinois on February 12, 2009, Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday. Today I checked to see whether Mr. Quinn had done anything about this, and he is hosting an open house at the mansion from 3 to 6 pm tomorrow. Everyone is invited.

If I can find someone who can figure out how to get off from work tomorrow I would like to go. It's been a long time since I've seen the mansion, and celebrating the 200th birthday of Abe Lincoln in Springfield would be memorable. At the moment, it's not looking too good, so I may simply have to content myself with a tour online.

Because of the Lincoln Bicentennial, this is a good year to go to Springfield. There is a lot to see there and it's not too far away. I'm hoping if I can't get there tomorrow, I can go later this year. Hope you are making plans, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch