Friday, January 30, 2009

Gov. Quinn Sends Right Message for First Day in Office

I was hoping I could find a link to a picture I saw last night on TV showing Pat Quinn wheeling a small suitcase and carrying some suits over his shoulder on his way to Springfield. To my way of thinking, the Imperial lifestyle of politicians which has become popular in the US in the past few years is all wrong, and I was pleased to see this picture. You might want to take a half-hour and listen to Gov. Quinn's press conference this morning; Gov. Quinn seems dedicated to solving the serious problems facing our state, and I found his "can do" attitude refreshing. He hit all the right notes with "Abraham Lincoln" Ronald Reagan" "broadband" and "end to the permanent campaign," along with the usual popular phrases aimed toward Democrats. I say, let's get on board with what we have to do what we can before our state and its citizens are suffering so greatly that it will be difficult to solve any problems at all. There will be plenty of time in the future to worry about electing Republicans.

As you know, I greatly dislike the concept of the permanent campaign. While the Democrats started it, they can end it, too. Once a politician takes office, it is his or her duty to properly represent all of the people, not just those who voted for him or her. Gov. Quinn appears to take this duty seriously for which I am glad. It is a new day for Illinois, and it's time to look to the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch