Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Missing my Old Blue Vuvuzela

Today I am really missing my old, blue Vuvuzela, which I haven't seen since back in the last century. I remember that I bought it at the Stadium-Formerly-Known-as-Dyche Stadium back in the day when it actually was Dyche Stadium, and I had some fun with it at football games. When I got rid of it, I didn't even know it was a vuvuzela, thinking that it was just a bright blue plastic stadium horn. It was difficult to blow anyway.

With the World Cup underway, the stadium horn has an exciting new name and new notoriety. Of all the no longer needed stuff I've gotten rid of over the years, it never occurred to me that my vuvuzela would be missed, but with endless stories in the press of the vuvuzela in Africa, I'm feeling sentimental. My vuvuzela was, after all, pretty fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch