Friday, July 28, 2006

The Mideast: Send in the Frogs

Send in the frogs!

With the Mideast situation worse than I can remember, ever, I was thinking I might to say something on that. Unfortunately I can't think of anything positive to put in words. God himself currently seems to be on the side of the greatest guns, and He doesn't seem to have much to say either.

Looking around for some appropriate comment, I found a brief flash animation. You can click here to see that, but turn the sound down first if you're in a busy spot.

The only question you will have after seeing that little movie: who is Pharaoh this time? And what side is God on anyway? It's high time the frogs were sent in to let us know, because people and countries are lining up as if this terrible situation were a soccer match. For further understanding, I'll be starting my studies here.

Update: Wilmette's own Steve Huntley weighs in with a fresh viewpoint. An earlier editorial is here. Hat tip Anne.

5 Comments:

Blogger Balaji said...

Hi,

It saddens me though mankind has been there so for so long in earth, still they find pleasure in killing others, making innocents suffer.....It is very very sad.

Jul 31, 2006, 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Balaji, I think you have said it best. The evil is the pleasure in killing others, and particularly the innocents. I think there is enough room for everyone there, and people should insist that all the parties learn to live with each other in peace.

Aug 1, 2006, 6:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Aug 12, 2006, 7:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Aug 17, 2006, 10:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Jan 26, 2007, 10:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch