Sunday, May 20, 2007

For the Record: Jimmy Carter was a Terrible President

I would like to be on record to say that I think that Jimmy Carter was one of the absolute worst presidents in US History. He started his presidency telling Americans that they needed to suffer, and instituted policies guaranteed to make that a reality. Among his other notable achievements was a 22% inflation rate, unseen before or since in American History.

Anybody who had to suffer under his peculiar form of leadership, cloaked in a sanctimonious Baptist mantle, remembers why Americans couldn't wait to get rid of him after four years, and happily voted him out of office.

As he ages, he has become a common scold. While in Old England and New England that was an offense of women only, I can't think of a better way to describe how he carries on.

Carter supporter?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do the particulars of your post support a judgment that Carter was one of the worst presidents?

I don't doubt the facts -- Hey, if it is on Wikipedia it must be true! How do you get from things going poorly on his watch and his being soundly defeated by Reagan to the conclusion that he was one of the worst presidents?

May 27, 2007, 9:41:00 AM  
Blogger Publia said...

Hi Mark,

My comment is purely a personal opinion. I lived through 4 years of his presidency and that was enough to convince me. My conclusion is my own, and based on my experience and my knowledge.

My opinion on President Carter isn't an academic treatise, it's pure political opinion.As such, you and others may very well not agree with me.

May 31, 2007, 12:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch