Thursday, May 10, 2007

Solving Our Family Crisis Using Google

In our family we are having a crisis. If you are one of Wilmette's readers from, say, a warmer climate, it's likely a family crisis that you won't be having. But with family roots in Northern Europe, and summer on its way, I am sure you will understand.

I got copied on an email, and even though I know its wrong to copy things without permission, I must quote:

"Oops. Yesterday I went to the gym and noticed how tan everyone was. So, I decided to go get a spray tan. This morning I awoke to find my hands a strange orange color. My cuticles are a little brown. I went to the pharmacy and bought whitening toothpaste. I washed my hands with it for about five minutes. Needless to say, it didn't work and now I feel like I rubbed arthritis cream all over myself. I smell minty fresh and I still have orange hands!!!!!!"

That email was shortly followed by this from another family member:

"Removing Sunless Tanner Stains: Stains from sunless tanners have two sources -- the immediate bronzer which is a dye and the DHA tanning reaction. There are products on the market that arrest the development of the DHA but nothing really effective on an already developed stain. The following are some "home remedies" that may prove effective in removing unsightly discoloration: 1) 20 minute soak (baby oil/then water or just warm water) followed by applying exfoliator. 2) hydrogen peroxide 3)lemon juice 4) body hair bleach/remover (vs regular bleach)"

It's good when family crises can be solved via Google, isn't it?

Update: Cream bleach designed for lightening body hair did the trick!

2 Comments:

Blogger Balaji said...

The wonders of google... :)

May 17, 2007, 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger Publia said...

And just the type of family crisis that one can manage to stay calm and collected until solved!

May 17, 2007, 1:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch