Monday, October 22, 2007

Hillary Clinton: Not So Smart as On Message

This weekend I heard a talk by Dick Morris, the old political consultant for Bill Clinton, who is on his book tour. He had a lot of interesting things to say about the Clintons, his old friends, reminding me that if you want to find a real friend I wouldn't go looking for one in politics. If I were the Clintons I would think this guy is pretty disloyal, but I guess they haven't been on good terms for quite a while. Whatever the case, he's enjoying telling Clinton tales, especially talking about Hillary. Sort of like in high school; I am sure you knew someone like that who was more-or-less was in the business of peddling information about other people.

Be that as it may, I thought the most interesting thing I heard was that Hillary is not brilliant. Bill is brilliant, but Hillary is more like the average bright person who you know. She is, however, a very hard worker and very disciplined, never deviating from her script, her talking points, or saying anything that hasn't been run through a focus group.

The Backyard Conservative is blogging about Hillary today, and how she's feeding info to the Drudge Report. Come to think of it, I woudn't be totally surprised if Dick Morris is back on the job, quietly, quietly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Dick Morris has mostly worked for GOP candidates over his career. He only came onboard the Bill Clinton campaign & WH because Clinton wanted to triangulate and moderate the Dems' image.

Oct 22, 2007, 10:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He mentioned how he had worked for Mike Huckabee, but I think he also worked for Clinton when he was running for Governor of Arkansas. I never followed his career, so thanks for the additional info. On the other hand, with friends like him, I am not so sure you would need an enemy.

Oct 22, 2007, 3:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch