Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring! Obama and Preparing for Easter

Happy Spring! It's also Maundy Thursday, and time to prepare for Easter. I am working hard to move on from the stress I have been feeling in the wake of the Barack Obama Religion (and Race) Lecture. I have read and heard too much. The Masters of Democrat Spin are telling us that nice people who we interact with regularly are spending their Sunday mornings at Afro-American churches condemning my race, my government, my country and how God should do anything but bless America. Can this be true? Who knew? When hatred is preached from the pulpit, and characterizes itself as teaching the Love of Christ, we know the Devil is busy, indeed.

Why should I care? I shouldn't. Evil exists, and we should not be surprised when we find ourselves in its midst. I have turned to a selection of Spiritual Letters by Fénelon, available free for reading or download from Google Books. I would recommend these letters to you, which were written in pre-Revolutionary France, for persons seeking a more spiritual life.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both this posting and the previous posting refer to Obama's "speech on religion," yet in fact the speech was about the races. The only connection with religion is the discussion of Wright et al. Just making a technical point. And if it stresses you too much, don't want coverage of the Obama/Wright business. JK

Mar 20, 2008, 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, in my last sentence from previous comment, please read "want" as "watch." Must have more coffee.......JK

Mar 20, 2008, 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Publia said...

How can you NOT watch this coverage? Obama wants to be President. I stand on my original viewpoint that the speech was primarily about religion, not race. That, and Obama's own identity crisis.

Mar 22, 2008, 11:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to say, but your viewpoint about the speech is dead wrong. It was about race, not religion. And to help you avoid the stress of the campaign, why don't you read a book instead of watching the tv?

Mar 24, 2008, 10:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch