Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Very Bad Morning Start in Wilmette

At the left is what's happened to the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) since election day 2008, and the picture isn't pretty. On the right, below, is the stock price chart for gun maker Smith and Wesson for the past 30 days (shortly after the inauguration). Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

Wilmette is suffering in the wake of the news of the horrible murder-suicide in Wilmette yesterday and I've been on edge all day. Somehow I turned the volume up on my clock radio, and I woke up this morning with loud ugly music from WFMT, guaranteed to offput all but the sturdiest of listeners. Then I stepped on the cat who stuck her paw under my foot at the refrigerator, and everyone was screaming including me and the cat. Of course, I left the house late, and my mood hasn't improved at all. I was pretty sure I had a headache, but I think the truth is that it's just nerves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch