Thursday, January 28, 2010

SOTU - Obama More Loved than Ever

The Democrats were really whooping and hollering it up last night at the State of the Union, weren't they? It's pretty clear that no matter what I have been reading in the press, the President is their guy and simply the best. They love him, that is clear. I was pretty shocked the way they carried on; I know a lot of Democrats that have unhappy economic situation and some do realize that Washington could care less about them, carrying on about health care while they are afraid of becoming homeless. Forget about the one illness from ruin theory; they are afraid they won't be able to pay their bills next month.

I found it particularly touching when the President insulted the Supreme Court. President Obama thinks you are too stupid to figure out when a political ad has been paid for by a corporation or union. I am quite lost how someone who is supposedly such a good constitutional scholar distrusts the First Amendment, or maybe he never bought into it in the first place. Forget all this talk of where President Obama was born or raised; this guy's from another planet.

During the speech I went upstairs for a minute, and when I was coming down the stairs I thought someone had switched to an old WWII movie from the sound of the speech. Turned out I was wrong and the channel had never been changed, but the fact that I thought I was hearing something from 60 years ago in Berlin was troubling indeed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, prior to the speech many people who never voted for this POTUS thought the guy was a left-winger (which he is), but now I think it's quite obvious to the majority of Americans that he's also a narcissistic, tin-eared, despotic ideologue who believes he not only knows best what is right for America, but that the American people are too stupid to think for themselves. And it's possible the poor man may be delusional, if not insane. :)

Jan 28, 2010, 9:36:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Anon, you said it so well, but after being so down in the dumps after the speech I could hardly stand it, I decided to take the position that his staff are shielding him from the news. I can hardly stand the alternative.

Jan 30, 2010, 12:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch