Thursday, September 21, 2006

Good News for America!

Amazing! After months of nothing positive about our President from the Democrat side of the aisle, Nancy Pelosi and Charlie Rangel have had the courage to speak out about Hugo Chavez' unspeakable UN remarks, scoring one for the home team. Their support of our President is in the finest American tradition.

It's about time that we again showed the World that Americans are one people, indivisible. I was beginning to wonder if we still had the "right stuff." Clearly, we do. Watch the video by clicking here, and read the news here. Read Rep. Rangel's statement here.

The quote from Rep. Rangel that will live on in history: "George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us."

It's a great day for America and time to celebrate. I'm putting out the flag up top!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Pelosi is a piece of work, no?

I agree with your remarks on blog moderation v. those squiggly words. I've made the change on my page per your suggestion.

Sep 21, 2006, 3:15:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Copy Editor,
Thanks for taking out those squiggly words! I never thought I would be saying kind things about Sen. Pesosi or Rep. Rangel, but today they are both #1 in my book. I am hoping this might signal some return to being Americans first, and politicians second. I was very pleased with both of their remarks. I am a great believer in the two party system, but believe it works best when we pull together as Americans. Both did that and they deserve credit.

Hi Balaji,
I always love to visit your blog.

Sep 22, 2006, 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch