Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Whoa! Is it Tony Peraica for Cook County Board President?

Am I missing something here?At the risk of becoming another Tribune, It 's Peraica for President of the Cook County Board. The County Clerk's website is reporting that with 88% of the vote in, it's Peraica by 21 points. Click here to see for yourself at David Orr's Infonet.

Update 11:30 am: Or am I missing something? Daily Herald says its Stroger.

Update 12:41 pm: Kansas City Star says those number are wrong and it's Stroger.

Update: 7:45 pm: I've been thinking about this all day, and realized that the Cook County Clerk reports Suburban Results and the Chicago Board of Elections reports Chicago results. You have to add the two together to come up with the correct result. Hey, it was a helluva run, Tony, God bless. I think I was as blurry-eyed as the rest of the crew watching the election. Mea culpa. Dear Reader, If I led you astray, it is all my fault. What I was seeing and reporting on was only suburban results. It's perfectly clear the lesson here: bloggers aren't about to replace the seasoned reporters of the main stream media. Think I'll get a little sleep tonight. Later on, I'll post thoughts on the Mark Kirk - Dans Seals race. Then its back to the usual. I enjoyed being a political blog for a bit, but I enjoyed seeing Mark Kirk win even more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I live Cook County. I am very confused by this. According to your link, Tony Peraica won. So who has the real "official" numbers?

Nov 8, 2006, 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by. The only official numbers are in what's called "the canvas," which should occur about next week. Those are the numbers certified by the election authorities. The current numbers numbers (and I got it wrong) are achieved by adding the County Clerk's numbers fromthe suburbs PLUS the Chicago Board of Election city numbers. Then the early voters and the absentee voters need to be added to that total. Lisa, I'm sorry I led you astray. The Sun Times would have been a far better resource, and I appologize for my mistake.

Nov 8, 2006, 8:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch