Monday, December 03, 2007

Ready for Winter?

Are you ready? Any morning now, we will be seeing something just like this if not much worse! I haven't even checked the snow shovels, but I'm pleased to report that the storm windows are in the doors and the hoses disconnected.

I had a nice week's vacation after Thanksgiving, but am really exhausted. Since I took off a day after Thanksgiving, I haven't had one turkey sandwich, and I am starting to feel a little deprived.

JB Powers, over at the St. Barbara Blog has a great little post about the Salvation Army, which I missed due to being on vacation. Since I don't have much to say today, I suggest you go read it. You may find yourself thinking twice before digging too deep this season for spare change for those omnipresent kettles.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the Salvation Army received a huge donation a while ago that was to be used ONLY for building new community centers.
I may not love the architecture, but it isn't being paid for from the change my kids stick in the buckets.

Dec 5, 2007, 8:05:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

I think you may be right, but somehow I was thinking that the Salavation Army would be a bit more conservative. I already sent them a check.

Dec 6, 2007, 8:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch