Friday, August 29, 2008

Obama's Acceptance: Chicago Politics Are the Politics of the Future . . . Good Lord, I Need a Beer

"Election not about Barack it's about you. Enough of the politics of the past, Chicago Politics Are the Politics of the Future. Change Happens because we Demand it, a new politics, from Chicago. The Change is coming, he saw it in Illinois? Good Lord, I need a beer. "

The other night, El Rider of Flying Debris live-blogged Hillary's convention speech in a stream-of-consciousness style. That post was such a masterpiece I begged him to live-blog Barack Obama's acceptance speech. We are in luck; he did just that. Do read the post; it will make your day.

Then, if you haven't gotten enough of politics, go read Charles Krauthammer's excellent piece, "The Perfect Stranger," which notes that "[e]erily missing at the Democratic convention this year were people of stature who were seriously involved at some point in Obama's life standing up to say: I know Barack Obama. I've been with Barack Obama. We've toiled/endured together. You can trust him. I do.'

I watched the convention last night, and Al Gore's speech was better than Obama's. Seriously. Perhaps Barack needs to take another vacation, as last night all I got from him was that he was angry, really angry. This guy looked as if he were going to explode.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Perhaps Barack needs to take another vacation, as last night all I got from him was that he was angry, really angry."

Then you saw the speech correctly! After seven+ years of an administration that has failed at everything that it has tried to accomplish and left most Americans much worse off than before, lots of people are very angry, myself included. I very much hope that it catches on.

Aug 30, 2008, 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger Publia said...

Okay, that's a viewpoint. Thanks for sharing. I am sorry to hear that you have been having tough times and hope that things look up for you.

Aug 30, 2008, 3:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch