Thursday, January 29, 2009

Freedom of Choice Act

It never ceases to amaze me how the Democrats have become shills for the abortion industry, and I will never vote for even one Democrat so long as they support and promote the barbaric practice of abortion. Yesterday I had an email about the Freedom of Choice Act which asked me to sign a petition and also sent me to a website where the Americans United for Life have posted the entire contents of their book, Defending Life 2008: A State-by-State Legal Guide to Abortion, Bioethics, and the End of Life. If you are lucky enough to have some nagging doubts about the rightness of abortion, you might want to take a look. I'm not a Catholic, so abortion isn't a matter of religious teaching in my church, but I know increasing numbers of non-Catholics who are being converted over to the side of life.

Abortion isn't a theme on this blog, but the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) will likely soon be passed again by this Congress and signed by Barack Obama, one of its original sponsors. How Barack Obama can view himself as a religious person while he lacks a conscience is beyond me. Opponents say FOCA will do away with state laws on parental involvement, on partial-birth abortion, compel taxpayer funding of abortions, and force faith-based hospitals and healthcare facilities to perform abortions.

I am particularly taken by one sentence in the FOCA bill: "One of the most private and difficult decisions an individual makes is whether to begin, prevent, continue, or terminate a pregnancy. Those reproductive health decisions are best made by women, in consultation with their loved ones and health care providers." Once you give some serious thought to this sentence you will see that it is a bunch of poppycock. I can think of dozens of bizarre scenarios using its logic, and I am sure you can, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek Clark said...

I completely agree. It is awful that abortion is legal, but the fact that we are trying to make it easier and even encourage it makes me sick.

Allowing teenage girls to do it without telling their parents. Really? A minor couldn't get their wisdom teeth out without letting the parents know. This is a bit ridiculous. If you would like to know more about what I think about about this check out - http://geekpolitics.com/freedom-of-choice-act/

Feb 24, 2009, 12:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch