Monday, October 12, 2009

Slow US Reaction: Shocked that Smart Canada Refuses Guantanamo Detainees

If you are wondering when or if any business gets done at the White House between the President's never ending appearances, seems that they are just a little behind. Four months since Canada said no thanks to taking inmates of famed war-on-terror prison, Guantanamo, the White House expressed surprise in their lack of interest. Outsourcing: the clever way to close Guantanamo, wouldn't you say?

I am surprised that Washington doesn't plan to just release the Guantanamo detainees at large in the USA. Actually, I imagine they will. The Democrats don't seem to be able to turn the USA into a third-world country fast enough to suit their tastes, but I think they are doing a stunning job. Canada still appears to have some good sense. I'm keeping them on the list of places to consider if the Democrats finish off our country completely.

I put up another picture from my vacation. While Tremezzo is beautiful, Italy is off my list of places to consider for emigration. Tremezzo has the advantage of being closer to Switzerland than Wilmette is to Chicago, but I'm not sure what that advantage means. Maybe it is the weak weak dollar, or its closeness to Switzerland, but is Italy very expensive. Worse, there aren't any lifevests on the passenger boats. That was not a very happy discovery for me, as I am safety minded. The views however, are really beautiful. There is no question in my mind that any view is improved by the addition of an Alp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch