Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicago Area: After the Snow, the Earthquake!

I find myself very awake, very early this morning, and I am beginning to wonder if the Illinois earthquake woke me up, since everyone else in the house seemed to be awake, too. It was blamed on the loud TV in the family room (where I had fallen asleep during the 10 o'clock news, and where the TV had been on for hours). The earthquake happened at 3:59 am, and I don't remember feeling anything. Since the earthquake measured 4.3 on the Richter Scale and the epicenter was only 48 miles from Chicago, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what woke everyone up.

In Kane County, people reported being "shaken out of bed," Fox News has the story, and is also collecting videos of damage. So far, no videos have been posted, but they may be on the morning news. Unfortunately, most of Chicago will be outside shoveling the snow and unable to see them in the event some are collected. Mysteriously, I remember being tuned to Channel 5 for the news, but when I awoke, the TV was tuned to Channel 11. How weird is that?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about you, but, I instantly thought that something exploded. I got out of bed, went outside to see if the house was on fire, if the electricity was on, if there was a gas leak. The thought of an earthquake didn't even enter my mind. I think it was a scalar weapon or an explosion either high in the atmosphere or below ground.
Call me crazy but this technology does exist and could very well be the reason for why your television channel was scrambled.

If you are interested please have a look at: thefreemanperspective.blogspot.com/

Feb 10, 2010, 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Publia said...

Wow! You must have been closer to where the earthquake took place! Here in the midwest we simply can't figure out what's going on when we have an earthquake!

Feb 12, 2010, 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch