Friday, January 26, 2007

Back on Influenza Vacation

So much for declaring an end to the Influenza Vacation. That didn't get me much, so I am going back to bed. I went to work a couple of days this week, and left in defeat. I took home some work and found that I was just as productive in bed than I would have been at the office. I am reminded "you can't take it with you," and having more than a few moments over the last 2 weeks where I thought I might be dispatched to the Hereafter fairly quickly this approach seems quite logical to me.

While in bed, I read a review of the book, Doing Nothing. Except for my excuse of the flu, I could identify. It's a history of loafers, loungers, slackers, and bums in America. Having personally abandoned the work- ethic over the past two weeks, it seems that I am in good company. You could read more about the book at Amazon if you feel like doing something.

In earlier years, I pooh-pooh'd all those recommendations for rest as an antidote for flu, and was richly rewarded with poor health for months to come. I don't have many flu symptoms left except for the extreme tiredness, and I am feeling better every day, so we will see if my plan to comply with the recommendations of every outfit that has advice about the flu actually work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

try using some eucalyptus(sic)in either an infuser or as a chest rub mixed with vasoline, also you could spray some on your pillow cover(with out the vaseline) befor you sleep--don't get it in your eyes. countless uses to inhibit influenza on the web. works for our family.

Jan 27, 2007, 6:18:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

I'll look around for some Eucalyptus I think I might have some and will give it a try. Actually, I am feeling much better now, just very, very tired. Thanks for the tip.

Jan 28, 2007, 1:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch