Monday, February 12, 2007

My First Valentine--and its from a Train!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

The other day I received my first Valentine, and it was from a train. That's right, a train.

Here's the story. When I was at the Christmas Markets last December we decided to take a daytrip from Cologne to Brussels. It was quite an eventful day, and taking the Thalys, a fancy high speed train, was a highlight. Sometime after I returned home, I signed up for emails at the Thalys website, and the valentine was their first message to me. If you go to the website by clicking here you can see a cute little animation of a love story featuring the red Thalys and send a valentine card to a friend with a customized background. I of course chose Cologne Cathedral, pictured above.
I wish I had known about the website before I left on vacation. From what I saw on the website. I could have saved some serious cash as well as a great deal of time standing in line to buy the ticket.
If you are looking to send a very special valentine for a certain someone, you might want to check out this site, which is an aninote by the very creative Robert "Gunny" Blake who brought us the hugely popular youaremighty.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch