Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Michelle Obama: Jane Fonda "Patriot of the Year" Award

I would like to be on record that I am proud of my country, and have been not only all my adult life, but for all my life. What does that matter? Michelle Obama, 44, wife of Presidential candidate, Barack Obama, doesn't agree, and I'm speechless. After all, if there is a job for First Ladies, that job is making America look good. Mrs. Obama, on the campaign trail, said, "[L]et me tell you something -- for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. "

Don't take my word for it; you can see the video by clicking here. This might be one of those quotes that will go down in history, and the hundreds of comments following the video, are mostly very negative. As John Podhoretz comments, "it suggests the Obama campaign really does have its roots in New Class leftism, according to which patriotism is not only the last refuge of a scoundrel, but the first refuge as well — that America is not fundamentally good but flawed, but rather fundamentally flawed and only occasionally good."

As for me, I'm awarding Mrs. Obama the Jane Fonda "Patriot of the Year" award.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I LOVE your post!

My husband and I are Marines and it always amazes me how little some of our leading countrymen think of the sacrifices that we have made in order that they may say or do what they please in the name of freedom. I don't see any of them being quick to leave their children and spouses for 6+ months at a time to go live in a tent in the desert surrounded by hostiles.

BRAVO Wilmette!!

Nov 8, 2010, 8:40:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Thanks Nikki, and God Bless. My uncle,the Marine, made the supreme sacrfice, and I do not intend to let our family's loss be in vain.

Nov 18, 2010, 1:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hanoi Jane = will always be a treasonous, unproscecuted person to me. Shameful, and compounded by NOT addressing the sins of betrayal of the POWs she visited with while fraternizing with the enemy of America. Why we have individuals heading the government that are turning a blind eye, and AWARDING people like this absolutely baffles and terrifies me. God help and protect our country!

Oct 18, 2011, 9:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

F*ck jane fonda, she should be in jail.

Jan 21, 2012, 6:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch