Monday, July 05, 2010

Northbrook Parade: While Bob Dold Shakes Voters' Hands, Dan Seals Went Missing

Although 10th District Congressional candidate Dan Seals announced on his website that supporters could join him in the Northbrook 4th of July parade by meeting him on the corner of Western and Cherry at 2:30 pm, he was nowhere to be seen either on the corner at the announced time or in the parade. While we wrote Seals off a long time ago, I felt a little sorry for those who turned out on the corner to meet him. Well, not too sorry, because it is obvious that it's time for Seals to fold his tent in this campaign and slip away quietly in the night. Possibly, with him also being reported AWOL in the Lake Bluff parade, he's already done that and moved back to his old neighborhood.

Since this is about year six of Dan Seals' candidacy for a seat in the next Congressional district to the North of where he lives, I imagine he has a good inventory of pictures of himself at parades, so I suppose his absence doesn't matter much. Having been nearly run over by a large pickup truck toting a large Seals sign in the back, I would be remiss not to say that Seals did have a small but enthusiastic group of what appeared to be mostly high schoolers marching for him.

Bob Dold, who is running against Seals, was busy working the crowd during the parade. I borrowed a camera to take some pictures and will post them as soon as I can get hold of the camera.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice try, but Seals was there. His group was behind the big globe balloon. Seals was actually 5-6 slots ahead of Dold so I'm not sure how anyone could have missed him.

Jul 5, 2010, 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Seals' group was definitely there in their T-shirts with a good contingent of enthusiastic teen marchers, but I never saw Dan nor did his supporters on that corner. I don' think I would or could have missed him.

Jul 5, 2010, 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Where was Dan then, hiding from his supporters? He is pretty tall and hard to miss, but miss him I did. I do not believe he was there.

Jul 6, 2010, 4:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch