Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mark Kirk - Dan Seals Debate Tonight

Mark Kirk and Dan Seals are debating tonight, October 26, 2006, at 7:30 p.m. at Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire. Closest Parking is Lot B. Don't settle for spin; take this opportunity to see both candidates in person.

If you are going to the Debate from Wilmette, make sure you allow plenty of time due to rush-hour traffic. Better leave by 6:00 if you don't want to be late.

Don't ask me how to get there, ask Google by clicking here. In fact, I am thinking that I may be switching to Google Driving Directions from my old friend Mapquest. While I feel disloyal changing, Google is just quicker and easier.

Update: I just don't know what to say about some of those Seals' supporters in the audience; it might be unkind. Rumor is that they from out of the district. Likely, because much of the legwork for Seals has been from outside the district, so it would make sense. I sure hope so.

Update: Paul Tully has done a great job with his coverage of the debate. Go read his post.

Updage: Anne weighs in with a post on a "kinder, gentler jihad."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seals is in favor of withdrawing from Iraq, reducing the federal deficit, even by cutting defense spending, repealing tax cuts for most of the North Shore, and doing away with the Medicare Part D prescription drug program. If you were at the debate your know about the behavior of his supporters. The choice has become very clear, and the choice is Mark Kirk.

Oct 27, 2006, 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am stymied as to why so many people are saying Seals' supporters are from outside the district, although I know it's tough for Mark Kirk to realize that so many people in District 10 are deeply unhappy with him.

I heard one Kirk staff member telling a reporter, "... and the Seals campaign bused in all these people from Chicago!" I laughed out loud and said, "If that's true, then where are the buses?" The staff member attempted to put herself in between myself and the reporter, but I said loudly "I am from Wilmette in District 10, and I recognize a lot of Seals supporters here as District 10 voters." I haven't seen any of these "they bused people in" rumors in the news media; I guess the reporters there last night were too savvy to buy the Kirk campaign's lame story. There is no evidence whatsoever that Seals' supporters were from "Chicago and Evanston," or anywhere outside the district -- if you have such evidence, please share it.

I guess after hearing that the Kirk campaign actually threatened the president of Tel Aviv University because he's a Seals supporter, reporters caught on to the fact that Kirk's side will say just about anything, no matter how
unethical or untrue, to win. Glad they're not buying this latest, lame, desperate spin.

Oct 27, 2006, 4:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous Ellen, Seals has plenty of supporters within the district, but they are more likely to write those $1,000+ campaign contribution checks than show up at a high school. It's all over the Internet that volunteers for Seals were meeting to go work for Seals on the North Side of Chicago, let's face the facts. I am certain his strong supporters from the 10th District showed up too. The best evidence was the Seals' supporters' behavior. Could these people seriously be from the North Shore? Has the North Shore changed this much? You can always count on the Big Lie from the local Democrats.

Oct 27, 2006, 6:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I'm not Ellen but you can call me whatever you wish. Why does your response to my post focus so hard on where Seals' supporters come from, and didn't respond the fact that Mark Kirk's campaign was caught strong-arming a respected official at Tel Aviv University? Does that not merit any comment?

Oct 28, 2006, 10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch