Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wilmette Weekend: "Read the Book"
In the Line of Fire - Parvez Musharraf


There are plenty of non-terrorists in Pakistan who are not 100% happy with their President, Pervez Musharraf, and two of the reasons are 1) They really want those elections which he promised and 2) the government is still silencing their blogs. President Musharraf's recent tour of the United States sticks in their craw as an awfully expensive public relations tour at the country's expense.

While President Musharraf said that the proceeds of his new book, In the Line of Fire, which he promoted during his US trip, will go to charity, he has provided no details. That fact isn't sitting very well with many of his countrymen either.

So a couple of bloggers have done what they believe is the right and fair thing. For full details, check this blog and this blog. Along with some very well crafted argument, these bloggers have included a link to a pdf file of President Musharraf's entire book. It will likely take a few days for anyone to notice this, so if you're curious I'd suggest you check this out now.

Update: I've read to page 25, but must now put it down and get to work. Get the book! So far it is an absolutely great read. Maybe even buy it. Better yet, it reads fast.

Update 11-6-06: Here's a review on the book, done today by a Pakistani blogger who I featured on Blog day. It's worth reading.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teeth Maestro said...

I think critics will always try to distract the actual issue at hand. I assure you once I get my hands on the book I shall give you my honest opinion.

As far as the PDF file goes ;) hackers will always exist to entertain us in this digital age

Oct 19, 2006, 2:29:00 PM  
Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

I wish I had more time. Very full plate right now...

Oct 19, 2006, 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Balaji said...

Publia,

He is one of the world biggest liars that one can uncover. This is my personal opinion. I will defitely not waste my time reading his lies.

Oct 19, 2006, 6:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch