Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Carving Pumpkins and Getting Sick

We had fun carving pumpkins on Saturday night, figuring to get a head start on Halloween. We put them outside, but that was not a good idea. The squirrels decided that they are really delicious, and stole the entire top of one, and chewed out the teeth of another. It’s lucky we took some pictures, so we could remember them. They look pretty funny, and we are not in good shape for Halloween at all.

No sooner did my family decide that stress over the election was having such a negative effect on me that I should not watch the news, I came down with a terrible illness that has confined me to bed for 3 days. I am pretty bored, but not bored enough to motivate myself out of bed, and this didn't help, nor did this.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try spraying them with hairspray before putting them out. It seems to keep most of the squirrels away.

Oct 29, 2008, 7:29:00 AM  
Blogger El Rider said...

Get Well! Maybe you could sick your basmati-fed dog on the squirels.

Oct 29, 2008, 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Publia said...

Anon, I have no idea why I was so remiss in treating those pumpkins. it was pretty dumb on my part. I will have to try the hairspray trick. Sometimes I use oil with red pepper added to it and that works well. Thanks for the tip!

El, that is a great idea to make the dog work for that basmati, but he is very retired now, near the end of days. And since he didn't like the brand of basmati I bought last time, he is back to Riceland. Like in all times of shortages, the rice quality is very poor this year. What I can't figure is how a dog that is so fussy is positively delighted by stuff--like fried chicken bones, etc.--that the racoons drop in the parkway.

Oct 31, 2008, 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

Hey, thanks for the link! I'll have to check out your blog some more!

Nov 15, 2008, 11:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch