Monday, February 02, 2009

Happy Groundhog's Day but Forget the Prediction

I have so had it with the Groundhog. Mr. Groundhog is, after all, a rodent, and a particularly pixilated one at that. Will I ever forget standing around outside last January 31 and confidently predicting "it looks like we're in the clear, all we have to get through is February; what an easy winter" ? The predictions of just about every groundhog in North America backed me up: winter was over.

Ha! It started snowing right about the time of the Groundhog's prediction, and snowed and snowed and snowed. Then it snowed some more. I don't think winter really ended until about May.

So don't expect any great groundhog links like last year. While the groundhog is cute and furry, I don't think that there is any truth in him at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch