Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Gov. Quinn Contemplates Tax Raise, Takes Coach

Talk about suffering! My property tax bill just appeared in the mailbox, and I can't help remarking that it has doubled in just a few short years. With talk of an income tax increase I am feeling very down in the dumps. I am hoping that our new Governor, Patrick Quinn, will be looking toward cutting spending instead. We all know that there is waste in state government. Wouldn't we be lucky if Gov. Quinn has the patience and fortitude to find some of it and trim it from our state budget instead of increasing taxes?

While Gov. Quinn has not ruled out a tax increase, I am hoping against hope that doesn't happen. Gov. Quinn went to Washington last night, and we are pleased to note that he flew coach class on United. I hope this isn't a one-time gimmick. This modest method of travel (and a quick Orbitz search showed that the taxpayers may be paying only $310. for the ticket) should be well received by taxpayers; we certainly were happy to hear about it at our house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

PicoSearch